Biological Science- making terrariums

Mr Long and Ms. Elmer go out with a BANG!

Last week Mr Long and Ms. Elmer worked together and we made terrariums in science.

We had lots of fun. We cut up plastic bottles and re-used them as the house for our plants.

Mr Long brought in one of his terrariums to show us. Ms. Elmer bought in a picture of a 40 year old terrarium that has only been watered once.

It was AMAZING!

We were very busy and had lots of fun too!

Thank you Mr Long and Ms. Elmer for taking such fun science lessons.

What did you find out during this science lesson?

Why is it important to modify and change things at times?

Where is your terrarium now and how is it going?

Why is it important to do science lessons?

6 thoughts on “Biological Science- making terrariums

1. Hello Humans,
    Making those terrarium was so much fun, thanks to Mr.Long and Ms. Elmer for teaching us how to make the Terrariums.
    Something I learnt in the science lesson was the air inside the your terrarium is called condensation, but your terrarium has to have it’s lid on it.
    It is important to modify and change your experiments because you can learn and find out new things.
    Right now my Terrarium is on my bed and getting a bit of sun while it is hot.
    It is important to do a science lesson because it challenges your brain to do new things. Another important reason to do a science lesson because you can learn new things and you can also learn to do an experiment without hurting yourself.
    From your blogging buddy
    Charli

2. Hello earth worms,
    Making the terrariums were so much fun!!
    Something I learnt is that when you have your lid on your terrarium the air inside your plastic bottle is called condensation. Something else I learnt is that you only have to water your terrarium at least once a week.
    it is important to modify and change your experiment sometimes because you can find out and learn new things.
    Right now my Terrarium is sitting on my book shelves and it is growing beautifully!
    It is important to do science lessons because when you invent something you don’t want to hurt your self.
    From your blogging buddy
    Charli

3. Hi everyone,
    Making terraruims was so fun.
    The hard thing about it was trying to put the plants in without them falling over or scrunching up.
    My Terrarium is going really well right now. It’s sitting outside in the sun getting some fresh air.
    I think science is important because it is part of our education and I think it good for kids to learn it.
    Keep on posting,
    Angelica πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

4. Hello people of the world,
    I appreciate Mr Long and Ms Elma for helping us make our terrrariums.
    Making terrariums was super fun, I really enjoyed making them. Thank you so much for the stones Danlys gave us for free !!!!
    Doing science is really fun, I have enjoyed it, and so have the other students in 3/4 have enjoyed it too.
    From your blogging friend,
    Isabella

5. Hi Everyone,
    If Mr Long and Ms. Elmer didn’t come up with this idea, I would not have had as such a good time as I did have.
    Something I learnt while making terrariums was that you have to be careful while putting plants inside so they will be able to grow.
    It is important to learn science at school so we can get the rest of our education and to teach people that are interested.
    It is important to modify and change your experiments so you can find out new things.
    Right now my terrarium is on the top of my shelves and is growing beautifully.
    Is anyones terrarium not had any luck?
    From your classmate Livia.

6. Hello people of the world,
    Making those wonderful terrariums was so much fun, thanks to Mr Long and Ms.Elmer! Also a big thanks to Danlys for giving us the rocks, we wouldn’t of done it without you!
    Something I found out was that if you make a terrarium with a cover or lid it forms the condensation all by itself.
    It is important to do science lessons because you can learn how to invent things and how to do experiments without hurting yourself!
    From your blogging buddy,
    Alannah